Have you ever wondered why some people seem to succeed at whatever they set out to do and some don’t? I did too. In my studies of highly successful people I found a common denominator, one we can all implement.
Sadly only about 5% of people succeed at achieving their goals. The rest, don’t. The remaining 95% are capable, smart and talented people but they never seem to get there. Years pass by and they are still talking about that thing they want to do.
Maybe you have some friends like that or maybe as you’re reading this you recognize this is you.
Personal Development is Hard
Let’s just first acknowledge that this journey of personal development and going after our dreams and goals is no walk in the park.
It’s hard work.
It’s relentless commitment.
It takes a lot of time and effort.
It’s means doing things you don’t feel like doing.
It means being dedicated at all times.
It means being laughed at.
It means losing friends that don’t understand.
It means having the guts to ignore the naysayers.
It means giving things up.
Besides all those things, which quickly weeds out the winners from the losers, is one basic component most overlook.
Without clarity on WHY you want to achieve something it’s hard to deal with all the challenges, find motivation and energy to do what must be done in order to succeed.
I mean, why should you exercise, eat healthy, save for the future, start that business, pursue that career you really want, pursue your goals and dreams, grow your business, make a greater impact, write that book, become a better parent, leader, spouse or partner if you don’t know why those truly matters to you, where those will lead you and what the payoff will be?
Why should you plow through the messy stuff, spend time doing things that are difficult and that you don’t want to do in order to get to the other side?
Lack of clarity and vision is why most never succeed reaching that next level. But we’ve all had moments when we had a clear vision of what we wanted and went after it.
Just think of it. Did you have any trouble with motivation when you went after something you REALLY wanted?
I don’t know you and your personal story but I’m betting my money on that you went all out and didn’t let anything stop you. You found the time. You found the money. You figured out how to get what you wanted and you got it! You were relentless and you didn’t give up. You were focused. You stayed on track. Challenges became a game to overcome. You didn’t take no for an answer.
Clarity becomes your GPS and your fuel for staying the course. Highly successful people are VERY clear on what they want to achieve and why. They have a strong vision and go after it with all their heart and soul. They don’t let anything stop them. Neither should you.
If you felt this post was of value to you please share with others so they too can learn how to stop spinning and start living. I create these free trainings and blog posts for you. I appreciate you! Also, if you haven’t already join my free Excel Your Life Facebook group. It’s awesome! Plus make sure you have liked my Facebook page.
You may also like these posts:
The Accumulative Effect
Rocks in the Jar – A Lesson About Life
Who Are You Going To Be?
Quotes to inspire you…feel free to share! You can find more quote on my Instagram: